Wendy's BABYtalk

You know her as the outgoing host of KAIT's Region 8 Showcase. Now meet a different side of Wendy Rolley. Wendy gave birth to her first child, a girl, September 25, 2006. Life has certainly changed for this family and Wendy is happy to share the journey! You can subscribe to KAIT's BABYtalk newsletter by visiting www.kait8.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Grace just turned 5 months old. She is doing really well - we're still working on the sleeping through the night though. We have started feedng her baby food - the 1st foods. The only problem is she does not like any of the vegetables. I don't really blame her, I tasted them and they don't taste very good at all. However, she loves all the fruits. I was wondering what other moms did to get their babies to eat vegetables, and do they taste better in 2nd foods? I don't know when I can start giving her second foods.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter just turned 7 months old today and when she was 6 months old the doctor told us that as long as we stayed with the basic foods (green beans, carrots, etc.) then we could go to the 2nd foods. There is not much difference in them, just the serving size. My daughter loves her veggies, especially green beans and squash, Keep trying them, maybe her taste will change.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

My daughter also will eat the fruits, but not the veggies. This sounds disgusting but I mix about 1/2 the jar of baby food in 4-6 oz of formula. I also did this with my son. Sometimes you have to do what works.

Have you tried putting rice or oatmeal cereal in her bedtime bottle?

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter didn't like the veggies at first. I kept trying it took about the tenth try and now she loves them. Just keep trying!!!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When babies are teething, the extra saliva makes foods taste different. It will continue to change, so keep trying. What they like now, they may not like next month and vice versa.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter, Sadie, just turned nine months old. The first vegetables that she would actually eat were sweet potatoes and there is one that is sweet potatoes and corn. The latter is her absolute favorite. She still doesn't care too much for the green veggies, but I still try them to see if she has acquired a taste for them yet.
Our pediatrician told us that after she was on the 1st foods for a while and was doing well with them, then we could try the 2nds. I think she was about 6 1/2 or 7 months old. She is still on the 2nds now. We have tried the 3rds, but she just got her first teeth in a few weeks ago and can't chew very well.
Good luck with everything!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could try mixing the veggies and the fruits together. Put a spoon of both in a plate and mix. Stick with the same kind for a couple of days in case of allergies.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you can mix the fruit or veggies in to the formula i did the same when my kids was babys

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home