Wendy's BABYtalk

You know her as the outgoing host of KAIT's Region 8 Showcase. Now meet a different side of Wendy Rolley. Wendy gave birth to her first child, a girl, September 25, 2006. Life has certainly changed for this family and Wendy is happy to share the journey! You can subscribe to KAIT's BABYtalk newsletter by visiting www.kait8.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Grace Nicole Schroeppel is now about 3 1/2 months old. She is beginning to smile more and more everyday. She weighs a little over 12 pounds, so she's growing really well and getting heavier. The only thing we can't seem to get her to do is sleep through the night. She doesn't even sleep during the day at the babysitter. If she does sleep at all during the day it's maybe 45 minutes. She just takes cat naps every now and then. She will eventually sleep about 5 hours at night and then we're up again - and she does not want t go back to sleep. I don't think this baby requires much sleep, but I do. I would love to know what others have done to get their babies to sleep.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds just like my baby. She just turned 5 months old and she as always cat napped during the day, even when she was only a few weeks old. She is not sleeping through the night either. I'm not sure how to get her to do that. I think part of my problem is I'm nursing her and she has become acustomed to that every night.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME TOO -- same here, my baby is 5 mths old -- He eats every 2-3 hrs during night. During day he goes longer. Doesn't sleep alot during day. Doesn't sleep at night. I agree he doesn't need much sleep but I do as I am a working mom. Any ideas? I've tried supplementing with formula. Ive tried feeding out of a bottle so I know how much he is eating at one time. He is already eating baby food/cereal. HELP.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Tammy McMackin said...

My little girl is four months old and had been sleeping thur the night since she was a month old. She sleeps 10 hours at night. I think the key is giving her a bath at night. She eats her dinner at 6:00pm and has her bath at 7:00. She is ready to sleep by 8:30

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a rookie too. My son is 15 months. Routine is important - stay on schedule with eating and bath. Be ready to go to bed when she does (that was the hardest part for me - there are always chores to be done) Try cereal if you haven't already. Try gas drops. Try letting her sleep on her tummy. I will get better!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my son is 3 1/2 months too & he started sleeping through the night when he was 2 months old. A friend of mine suggested rice cereal & that seems to be what worked for us. I am a working mom too so I know how you feel! Good luck!

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home