Wendy's BABYtalk

You know her as the outgoing host of KAIT's Region 8 Showcase. Now meet a different side of Wendy Rolley. Wendy gave birth to her first child, a girl, September 25, 2006. Life has certainly changed for this family and Wendy is happy to share the journey! You can subscribe to KAIT's BABYtalk newsletter by visiting www.kait8.com.

Friday, September 08, 2006

At 37 weeks they tell me if I were to go into labor everything should be okay with the baby. Of course that just make me want to hurry up and have her - but I don't think I will. I have notice this last month that my hands are numb. My left hand is that way all the time. My doctor told me it happens to some women during pregnancy and that the feeling should come back after delivery. I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else during pregnancy, and if so how long did it take to get the feeling back in your hand. It's really starting to bother me because I would like to be able to feel my baby in my hands when she is born.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

You'll get your feeling back in your hands almost instantly after birth. You won't have to worry about not being able to feel your daughter :)

I have some minor bouts with carpal tunnel when I'm prego but it's never been as bad as some people get it. I just spend so much time on the computer and the added fluid in our bodies during pregnancy adds pressure to our nerves.

Believe it or not, drinking lots of water will actually help you NOT retain water and therefore might help the feeling in your hands. When you're starting to get dehydrated, your body will retain fluid as a safety mechanism. Make sure you're not making your body want to play camel!

You're really getting close now!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home