Wendy's BABYtalk

You know her as the outgoing host of KAIT's Region 8 Showcase. Now meet a different side of Wendy Rolley. Wendy gave birth to her first child, a girl, September 25, 2006. Life has certainly changed for this family and Wendy is happy to share the journey! You can subscribe to KAIT's BABYtalk newsletter by visiting www.kait8.com.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

36 weeks now, and I have a question for those who are also in their last month of pregancy and for others that remember. I was wondering when you start going to the doctor every week. My next appointment is in 2 more weeks - which I will be in my 38th week by then. I also wondered when they start checking to see if you've dialated. Everyone keeps saying I don't have much longer - but I'm not sure. It seems like this baby is very happy being inside and may not want to come out on time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy...I have always thought that the last month everyone went every week. My daughter is due Sept 15 and she has been going weekly for two weeks now. They are also doing a internal exam weekly. I think you need to talk to your Doctor.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, I am due the 20th of September and on my 36th week I started going every week, and I just started getting checked for dialation my 36th week, some doctors just vary I guess.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy. I didn't get 'checked' until 39 weeks. I had an untrasound at 38 weeks to check the size of the baby (gestional diabetes = BIG baby), they estimated him to be 8lb, 8 oz and thought I could have him. WHOA - but I was confident I could do it. The next week (39) I was dialated to 3, and felt different, not bad, just different. Later that night I felt kinda crampy, but didn't know that was 'labor pains'. To make a long story short, I got all the way to 9 and stopped. The baby was in distress and they did an emergency C-section. He weighted 9lb, 15 oz and 22 in long.

I thought I knew what to expect, during pregnancy and afterwards, but I was way off. It's all great, just very different, in a good way. Just remember that every momma and baby are different - gather lots of information and make your own decision.

Best wishes! Keep us all posted!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am due September 23 & last week I started doing weekly visits & she also checked to see if I was dialating yet.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some doctors are diffent becauses my doctor didn't start seeing me every week till i was past due

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home