Wendy's BABYtalk

You know her as the outgoing host of KAIT's Region 8 Showcase. Now meet a different side of Wendy Rolley. Wendy gave birth to her first child, a girl, September 25, 2006. Life has certainly changed for this family and Wendy is happy to share the journey! You can subscribe to KAIT's BABYtalk newsletter by visiting www.kait8.com.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Well, I'm 28 weeks and I had the 3D-4D Ultrasound. I think the pictures turned out really good. It's pretty amazing to see. I still can't believe she's inside me. We decided on a first name - "Grace" - which is named after my grandmother. My husband and I are still debating on who she looks like. They do give you alot of pictures though, and even make a CD and video to take home. I'm curious though, if she'll really look like that after delivery. I'm sure she'll look a little different, but for those of you mothers who have had this done - did you compare the pictures to the child once it was finally here? If so, how close or different did they look after birth? Also, any good advice during my last trimester is always welcomed, so feel free to write me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy,
My advice to you is to get lots and lots of sleep. I think in the last trimester too many of us obsess over getting everything perfect (which is part of mothering I guess...huh?...LOL). Anyway, I would do whatever you could to rest and enjoy that precious miracle growing inside your body! (You will miss your belly when it is gone...I promise!!) Do whatever you need to finish up the "loose ends" and then REST!!

You look wonderful by the way! "Baby Grace" looks so cute! I loved seeing the pics. I have a 14mth old and we didn't have a chance to do that type of u/s...but your pics came out better than my S-I-L's. Congrats!

Feet up, deep breath, not much longer!

Best of Wishes to you and your family!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My advice is do your kick counts, if your doctor hasn't told you about these it never hurts to ask. My doctor had me start doing kick counts at 28 weeks, its just extra insurance especially if you get busy and don't notice if the baby has been moving during that time.
We had 3-d & 4-d ultrasounds done on our son, he looked pretty close to the same. Our daughter would always turn over so we couldn't see her face.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy,
Congratulations! I think it is such a wonderful thing that you are sharing your pregnancy with all of us.
The 3D pic's are great and yes, she will really look like her pictures!
We just had a baby boy in June!
Get your rest now! Sleep is a very good gift to take advantage of now! You'll miss it but you really won't care once you get that baby girl in your arms!!
It's a wonderful thing being a mommy!!
I have never know love like this! You think you know what love feels like....but when you see that baby for the first time...then you really know what love feels like!
You and your family will be in our prayers for a healthy baby and a safe delivery!!
Take care until then...

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Really cute!!!
Where is dad & Grace pix?


Anonymous Kait 8 viewer

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home