Wendy's BABYtalk

You know her as the outgoing host of KAIT's Region 8 Showcase. Now meet a different side of Wendy Rolley. Wendy gave birth to her first child, a girl, September 25, 2006. Life has certainly changed for this family and Wendy is happy to share the journey! You can subscribe to KAIT's BABYtalk newsletter by visiting www.kait8.com.

Friday, August 11, 2006

I am ending 34 weeks now and several people have asked if I have gotten into the nesting mode. I'm not really sure. Sometimes I feel like being really productive and cleaning, but other times I don't feel like doing anything. Some have told me that women get that way right before they deliver. I'd like to know if other women have done that and if they have, how long after they got that "nesting" was it before they went into labor. I don't want to have my baby too soon, but I wouldn't mind going a little early - because this extra weight combined with the heat is getting a little much! It would be nice to see some sign that this is about to be over.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been nesting alot lately, but i have read on the internet some people start to nest as early as five months, but i am 34 weeks and 2 days today, i hope i dont go this early

8:38 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I think most Moms start feeling that "nesting" feeling at different points in the 3rd trimester...like freaking out at the idea of travel or buying/selling houses, etc. But that "mass-cleaning" episode thing usually happens within the week of birth. And that week is also filled with some "ups" as well as "downs". Like one day you'll clean the whole house (including baseboards and crevices in your fridge) and the next day you'll feel like not moving. For me, I really had a "day of rest" feeling the day I was going into labor. Something inside me said to kinda take it easy.

With my first, I will never forget how I felt "something" was changing around 4:00 in the afternoon. It wasn't really contractions that hit me as much as a feeling that "something" was going on. By 10:00 that night, I was contracting enough that I wanted to go to the hospital. (When I look back at videos now, I realize I went in WAY too soon because I was still very euphoric about everything and it's too early if you're euphoric! LOL) Thankfully, labor continued for me...even though I went too soon...and progressed nicely through the night/morning. I gave birth to my first daughter at 8:11 the next morning :) It was AWESOME!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am almost 6 months now, and have been nesting like crazy. I can't even go to a friends house without cleaning or straightening something. I even painted my bathroom cabinet & baseboards, and am cleaning and scraping anything I can get my hands on. With my first, I moved into a house on Saturday, then that Tuesday I was hanging pictures and had the whole house completely ready, and the next day I was in the hospital for 3 days. Ended up having to wait another 2 weeks, in which I took it very easy because I had already done everything that could be done!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home