Wendy's BABYtalk

You know her as the outgoing host of KAIT's Region 8 Showcase. Now meet a different side of Wendy Rolley. Wendy gave birth to her first child, a girl, September 25, 2006. Life has certainly changed for this family and Wendy is happy to share the journey! You can subscribe to KAIT's BABYtalk newsletter by visiting www.kait8.com.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It may just be this time of year, but lately my baby has had a rash under her neck, behind her legs and on her arms. It is worse under her neck - I'm guessing because she has rolls and she can't quite hold her head up all the time. I would like to know what is best to use for a rash and if anyone else's child has had something simialr. My baby has very sensitive skin - she gets that from me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be exzemna. Try putting a little destin on it. Destin is good for alot more than diaper rash. If the rash doesn't go away with the destin you might need to take her to the doctor to get some ophthalmic cream. Also you to try to bath her less. The water dries their skin out fast.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took my 3 month old daughter to the doctor for a similar rash. He told me to use Cortaid. I use it daily on the her arms and legs and the rash has cleared up. He also said to only bathe her every other day. You might want to give these ideas a try.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Resinol works wonders! I used it for my two little boys. By the way, Little Grace is an angel!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My opinion is that children need to have a few reashes, to build the healthy immune system.
Diaper cream's are awesome, certainly wouldn't have forgetten to put it in a diaper bag.
Try corn starch, when rashes are bright red, and baby is miserable.
(Remember the dry climate we live in--here in the region.) Think about baby trying to get used to it.
*Cortaid works great--it is however, a steroid--applied topically and is absorbed in to that fresh little babies system.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, I know this is probably late, but my granddaughter has the same kind of rash and it is due to the excess heat and moisture in all of the little wrinkles. I've tried the powder with cornstarch but ended up getting a powder w/Nystatin in it from her pediatrician. Works great.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home